It is our promise to customers that we respect the trust you place in us and the privacy of the information you share. Part of providing superior customer service includes making sure that we are building a relationship of trust with our customers. Our way of doing that is to let you know in a clear, prominent, and easily accessible way how we collect, use, share, and above all protect your personal information. In this policy, "we", "us" or “the Company” refers to APADANA Group and any other company that forms part of the Apadana corporate family of companies. We will only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes described in this policy and will only process personal information in compliance with applicable laws, including the protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and in ways that are for, or compatible with, the business purposes for which the personal information was collected or that are subsequently authorised by you.
This Policy outlines:
- How and why, we collect your personal information.
- How your personal information is used and protected.
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Apadana takes steps to ensure that we manage your personal information properly to maintain your trust. We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual, and this will depend on the purpose for which we need the personal information:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address.
- Demographic details such as telephone number and email address.
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, and returned. Collection of Personal Information We collect information from you in a variety of ways.
It may be:
- Provided directly by you.
- Collected through in-store technology.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized shopping experience for you. For example: cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective.
- Precise Device Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. Information We Collect Through In-Store Technology We may collect your personal information from technology we use in our stores, such as our facility cameras. We operate cameras in store for security and operational purposes.
Information Provided Directly by You, you actively share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or other transaction, with us.
- Create an account on one of our websites.
- Participate in our programs,
- Conduct a transaction or request a service where we collect information (including when required by law).
- Request customer service or contact us.
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review, or other user generated content on one of our websites or mobile services; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey. All personal information that is supplied to the Company must be accurate, up to date, not misleading and complete in all respects. You undertake to immediately advise the Company of any changes to your personal information should any of these details change. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Purpose for Collection of Personal Information The information collected and processed by Apadana may be used for the following purposes:
- To full fill your order or requests for services and provide customer service; · To create and maintain your account.
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement.
- To conduct marketing, personalization, subject always to your right at any time to opt out of such communication. If you want to remove your contact information from all lists and newsletters, please visit unsubscribe on the website (www.apadana.co.za).
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, our business, and help prevent fraud.
- To update our operational and technical functionality.
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections and identifying areas for operational improvement.
- To conduct research and development; or
- To full fill our legal functions or obligations.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers- We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, payment card processors. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf.
- Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others- We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of Apadana, our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Protecting the health or safety of customers. Addressing crimes committed on Apadana property; Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk, providing personal information from cameras to law enforcement at their written request; Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
- Business Transfers - In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
- Advertising Related Activities - We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. Cookies assist us in providing our services. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although in that case you may not be able to use certain features on the Website and you may be required to re-enter your password more frequently during a session. The cookies do not contain any of your personally identifiable information.
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access or disclosure and improper use. Access to your personal information is restricted to only to those employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job / task. All employees with access to Personal Information are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our customer’s personal information. We are committed to ensuring that our security measures which protect your personal information are continuously reviewed and updated where necessary. It is important for you to protect yourself against unauthorised access to your account password. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to the website. Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee nor do we accept any liability of whatsoever nature for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure and/or use of your personal information, either by employees and/or made by any third parties (including third party service providers) who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure and/or use is because of our gross negligence.
Your rights Upon reasonable request and in accordance with POPIA, we will grant customers reasonable access to their personal information and will permit them to correct, amend or delete personal information that is incomplete or inaccurate. Should you so request, we will provide you with the record or a description of the personal information which we have about you, including information about the identity of all third parties who have, or have had, access to the personal information: (i) within a reasonable time; (ii) at a prescribed fee, if any; (iii) in a reasonable manner and format; and (iv) in a form that is generally understandable. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept as accurate, complete, and up to date as reasonably possible but may not always expressly request you to verify and update your personal information, unless this process is specifically necessary. We expect that you will notify us from time to time in writing of any updates required in respect of your personal information. In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from us by following the instructions contained on our website. If you have any questions concerning your personal information or how to exercise these rights, please Contact Us at email@example.com You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator. You can email the Information Regulator with your complaint/query at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org call them on 012 406 4818. Visit their website for more details: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/contact.html. The Company reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. All amendments to this policy will be posted on our website.